Returns & Exchanges
Items can be returned or exchanged within 14 days of delivery. If 14 days have gone by since the day of delivery, unfortunately we will not be able to offer you a refund or exchange. Please make sure the items are complete, in perfect condition — unused, unwashed, undamaged — with attached labels and original packaging. Once we receive the items back, they will be inspected. We will send you a confirmation to the email address you provided.
Note: We only accept items for returns and or exchange if they are defective or damaged. All other reasons for return are to the discretion and approval of Decor Lane; kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps To Follow:
- Kindly email us at email@example.com with a detailed reason for the return along with pictures or a video of the product that supports your reason.
- Upon approval you will receive the address of the closest warehouse where you can mail the product you would like to return.
- To assure your refund please use either FedEx or UPS to return your items. We will also require the tracking number so that we can track the parcel if needed. We will not be responsible for lost or missing packages. It is the customer's responsibility to pay the cost of shipping for returns.
- Kindly make sure you send the item back as a gift as we will not be able cover customs fees for returns.
Refunds: are issued for the full selling price (this excludes shipping costs & the 10% restocking fee). The money will be deposited back to the original method of payment. Please allow 10 business days for the refund to process.
Late or Missing Refunds:
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exchanges: are managed on a case-by-case basis. Our customer service team will get in touch to discuss further details.
When Will I Receive My Exchange?
Your new order will be released for processing as soon as our warehouse has received and inspected your return. All orders will take an additional 1 - 2 business day to process and ship from our warehouse, regardless of the shipping method.
If you are exchanging for a lower value item, we will issue a partial refund back to your original method of payment. Please allow up to 10 business days for this credit to appear on your bank statement. If you are exchanging for a higher value item, we will email you a custom invoice to pay for difference in price. As soon as this has been paid, your new order will be released for processing.
Returns – Exchanges Exclusions:
- We do not exchange or accept returns on Final Sale items, purchases made through Gift Cards, and custom orders. The Return Shipping costs must be covered by the customer.
- If an item is returned outside the 14-day window or is not in compliance with our Return Policy, we reserve the right to refuse the refund and return the item to you.
- Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
- Buyer no longer wants the items - this is the most common example which we cannot honour if we want to continue offering great value at Decor Lane. The buyer should make sure they want to buy the items before submitting an order. After an order is submitted, the buyer enters into a legally binding contract with the seller to purchase all items in that order.
- Buyer has ordered the wrong size. We cannot honour this as we have provided clear measurements, size guides, and warnings to measure your item before your purchase.
- Buyer has ordered the wrong color of their item. We also provide detailed images to show you the color of the item you will be receiving.
- Buyer found the same items cheaper somewhere else. Buyer should be confident that he or she is ready to pay the asking prices before submitting an order.
- A small number of heavily discounted items may be marked Final Sale, in which case they are not eligible for refund, exchange, or store credit.
- Breakable items such as plates, bowls, and glasses are not eligible for return as we cannot be assured that the items will not break in transit.
Why Am I Being Charged A Restocking Fee?
When an order is placed, there are certain fees such as credit card processing fees as well as logistics fees that are simply unrecoverable to the company whether an order is completed or not. What this means is, if an order is cancelled or returned, a 10% restocking fee will be assessed. This amount will be deducted from the total refund eligibility. We as a company wanted to continue offering great value here at Decor Lane, and therefore had to take these costs into account.
Can I Cancel My Order After It Has Been Placed?
Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel your order once it has been processed and or shipped. If you cancel your order after it has been processed and or shipped, there will be a 10% cancellation charge to cover transaction processing and logistics fees which are unrecoverable to the company.
How Do I Send Back An Item?
Kindly use FedEx or UPS tracked shipping to send the goods back to us. We strongly recommend obtaining a tracking number from your carrier. Items lost in transit are not eligible for a refund. We reserve the right to reduce your refund in order to compensate for any damage the items may have experienced during the process of return.
What If The Item Is Defective?
If you have received an item with a manufacturer’s defect — e.g. broken stitches, open seams, cracks — you are eligible for a full refund, including all shipping and handling costs. Please reach out to our customer service team within 14 business days of delivery and we’ll be happy to help! For your convenience, we can also arrange for a courier company to pick up the package from your home at no cost.
Can I Return An Item I Received As A Gift?
An item that was gifted to you may be exchanged for another item or a Décor Lane gift voucher. Refunds can only be made to the original payment method under which the gift was initially bought.
Delivered But Not Delivered
All of our shipments include tracking with delivery confirmation. If the tracking information confirms that the item has been delivered to your order address but you have not received your order, please contact the courier company as soon as possible to investigate this issue.
We cannot be held accountable for packages where tracking information states the package has been delivered to your order address. If you have previously experienced lost or stolen packages where you reside, we encourage you to instead have your package delivered to a work address to ensure that you receive it safe and sound.
Can I Refuse My Order Delivery?
Please don’t refuse a delivery. Unfortunately, refused deliveries will incur a cost of the original delivery plus the return cost. Any refund made will be minus the total delivery and return cost in the case of refused deliveries.
STILL GOT A QUESTION?TALK TO US